Welcome to SATS (Safeguarding Adults Training Specialist)All adults have the right to live their lives free from violence, fear and abuse. All adults have the right to be protected from harm and exploitation.
Do you provide health or adult social care in England?
Do you understand your responsibilities regarding safeguarding adults who use your service from abuse?
Do you know:-
- What is abuse?
- How to recognise abuse?
- What to do if you discover or suspect abuse is happening?
If you are not able to answer yes to these three questions then you may be failing in your duty of care.
Welcome to SATS (Safeguarding Adults Training Specialist) where our aim is to ensure your staff have the skills and knowledge to protect vulnerable adults from abuse.
Based in the North West of England, the training is delivered by Helen Wilsdon (was Pollard) who has in depth knowledge and experience of Safeguarding Adults both as a social work practitioner and trainer. Helen has worked within social care and education for 30 years and has a comprehensive CV including social work with adults and children, lecturing on the BA Social work and recently as a Safeguarding Training Officer for a large local authority. (CV available on request)
The training we offer covers both Breadth training, delivering a broad understanding of general issues regarding Safeguarding Adults and Depth/Specialist training, targeted at specific groups who are responsible for particular aspects.
All programmes are delivered in an interactive and informative style using a variety of experiential methods including presentations, group work, discussion, handouts, case studies, role play and personal experience
The Core Training Packages include:
- Induction Briefing
- Awareness Training
- Training the Trainer to deliver Safeguarding Awareness Training courses
- Section 42 Enquiry Training
- Safeguarding Adults Training for Provider Managers
- Chairing Safeguarding Adults Meetings
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Awareness
- Safeguarding Adults, MCA 2005 and DoLS refresher and updates
- Professional Boundaries and Codes of Conduct
- Safeguarding Adults Meetings – Minute Taking
All courses are prepared in accordance with:
- Care Act 2014 Sections 42-47
- Safeguarding Adults National Framework of Standards (ADASS, 2005) – Standard 5
- National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Health and Social Care and resulting NVQs at Levels 2 – 4
- Skills for Care (SfC) Common Induction Standards – Standard 5
- Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Care Homes for Adults (DOH 2003) – Standard 23
- Domiciliary Care Standards (DOH 2000) – Standard 14
- CQC Essential Standards, Outcome 7: Safeguarding people who use services from abuse
- The Care Certificate Standard 10.
All courses can be adapted for the needs of your organisation and staff teams or other courses developed as necessary.
For further information or to discuss availability please contact:
Helen (Trainer): email@example.com
Megan (Admin Assistant): firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel or Text: 07931 781971